#21 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:54 AM

Since I basically haven't been seeking an agent for several years, I find the audience development more relevant to my experience. I think it's an ongoing challenge and perhaps the most important an author can address. If you get an agent, wonderful. Hopefully, it's a long-term relationship that is good for both parties. But an audience? That's a different type of relationship. I think of myself as part of an audience for many authors. I look forward to reading their books, whether I'm picking them up at a bookstore, ordering them online, or just getting a copy at the library. So, I aim to get my books at all those types of places and more where my potential audience is gathered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users