#1 Kevin2202

Kevin2202

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

As of now, 60% of my manuscript is complete. I have already decided on the genre, which is a mix between sci-fi and adventure. There will be a sequel as well.

"The story is about a man named Jacob. He is among 700 people who were chosen (can't be declined) to fly off into orbit in a space shuttle to be hibernated for 80 years, before safely landing back to Earth. His shuttle crash lands one year earlier than expected (79 years), and Jacob finds out that the world never resorted to global nuclear catastrophe, but instead changed dramatically (such as completely new social structures). He is rescued from the crash site by the Last Remnants (remnants of former US government) and is taken to one of the many 'Ark' sites around the world. He learns from them about the events that unfolded while he was in hibernation, also learning that his child could still be alive. The LR deems Jacob to be a valuable person to be kept alive and protected, while the global government that calls themselves Centralists thinks otherwise.

Long story short, he sets out with the help of a few LR members to find his lost child, while being hunted down by the Centralists. Realizing that there isn't a world where he and his child could live in peace, he decides to take the matters even further and rejoins the Last Remnants to help overthrow the Centralists. But a father's actions for his child could possibly mean chaos and destruction around the globe. How far will he go to see and save the most precious thing in his life that he has lost 79 years ago?"

Alright so, here are titles that I've come up with so far:

Lost Generations

The Blue Prison (Blue = Earth)

The Last Remnants: Dawn of A New Century

The Hunted: First Dawn

Those titles aren't much, but I am continuously brainstorming right now. I will come up with more in another time.

#2 MJ O'Neill

MJ O'Neill

In the waiting game

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:On submission.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

Hunted first dawn is to vampire
Lost generations too vague
I didn't get the prison part of blue prison

I did like quite much The Last Remnants. Not so much dawn of a new century. Maybe something simpler as the first series title, like The Return or Re-Entry or The Awakening. Something that ties it to him coming back for the first book.

Hope that helps

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to 0 – Chuck from Fight Club

Stop by my blog     Follow me on twitter

#3 A.S Altabtabai

A.S Altabtabai

Medical Doctor.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Publishing Experience:Nostalgic Rain: Galaxieas Away - Out July 2017.

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

Hmmm... I like "Dawn of new Century" 

Btw, there's a video game called "The Last Remnants" 

#4 Gruffbane

Gruffbane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published a children's book and won two awards from Writers of the Future

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

Prison in Blue?

or maybe

A Prison All of Blue

#5 EmmaLucy

EmmaLucy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:07 AM

My favorite is "Lost Remnants." However, Lost Remnants sounds more like a series. "The Lost Remnants Series/Trilogy/Chronicles". 

So what about "The Lost Remnants: First Dawn?" 

"First Dawn" makes it sound like the beginning of series whereas "Dawn of a New Century" sounds more like the last book of a series. 

Hopefully, this has helped a bit. 

I am in some desperate need of synopsis help and am willing to return the favor.

My Query: http://agentquerycon...tional-fiction/  

My Synopsis: http://agentquerycon...tion-synposis/ 

First 250 words: http://agentquerycon...ion-first-250/ 

#6 Jen Mannering

Jen Mannering

Bad Boy Enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Zippideedooda

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:26 PM

How about The Lost Years ? In reference to the years he has lost

Please help me with my query letter! Trying to write it feels like trying to run through wet sand...while drunk....and on fire...wearing ten tonnes of steel armour....

Query Letter

“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”

― J.K. Rowling

:biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users