Disclaimer

Photo

I am pretty sure that my book is paranormal but....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SnowGlobe

SnowGlobe

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I had a couple things published as a child and have not attempted to publish since then. Right now I am just getting back into writing and I am really only at the stage of finding critique partners and beta readers.

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

I am pretty sure my book is paranormal, but it has science fiction elements too. The paranormal aspect is one particular character, Jai, who is from another dimension. The nature of the relationship between this character and the MC, Rory, also strikes me as paranormal. However, the other dimension and some of the technology they use strikes me as science fiction, though not super heavy on it.

#2 MZM

MZM

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationAsia
  • Publishing Experience:Circuits and Slippers anthology, coming September 2016! http://jayleejames.com/circuits-and-slippers/

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:28 PM

Perhaps you should go with "speculative" instead of "paranormal." Like you've pointed out in other threads, paranormal nowadays is almost always tagged with "romance" and the expectation of traditional paranormal creatures.

Maria M.

#3 SnowGlobe

SnowGlobe

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I had a couple things published as a child and have not attempted to publish since then. Right now I am just getting back into writing and I am really only at the stage of finding critique partners and beta readers.

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

I will have to research speculative. There are romantic aspects to my book, but it isn't the ONLY focus like some.

#4 daniL

daniL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:26 PM

Dimensional things are often under the heading of science fiction, it just might not be 'hard' sci fi. but speculative fiction is the umbrella term you're looking for

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users