#1 Tom Preece

Tom Preece

Word Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Virtually none. Long long ago in college I was published in a couple of student magazines

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

I've been gone a long time, and have just begin poking around now.

I'm guessing that you killed it during the fall purge.  It did of course have limited traffic, but I certainly used it all of them time when I was not posting.  The most useful topic was the new agent announcements with Crew's remark that new agents frequently were hungry for new clients.

I can see that an update feature is now on AgentQuery.com with an email address, but to spot a new agent there would be a matter of luck after one had performed a search.

Ah well.  There are always agency websites.... at least most of the time.

Tom P

#2 Emily804

Emily804

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:50 PM

I've been gone a long time, and have just begin poking around now.

I'm guessing that you killed it during the fall purge.  It did of course have limited traffic, but I certainly used it all of them time when I was not posting.  The most useful topic was the new agent announcements with Crew's remark that new agents frequently were hungry for new clients.

I can see that an update feature is now on AgentQuery.com with an email address, but to spot a new agent there would be a matter of luck after one had performed a search.

Ah well.  There are always agency websites.... at least most of the time.

Tom P

That would be useful, any chance it could be brought back?

Query Compatibility YA sci-fi: http://agentquerycon...lity-ya-sci-fi/

#3 lnloft

lnloft

LNLOFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

I don't know about that forum, but for people interested, https://querytracker.net/index.php is a pretty useful resource for finding agents and the info on them, including response rates and response times. People also comment on the responses they got, so it can give you an idea about what that agent is like.

Nothing to reciprocate on right now; I'm off in the query trenches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users