6 replies to this topic

#1 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,302 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:New York Times bestselling romance author. Independent author with traditional publishing experience. Everything from magazines to newspapers to short stories to novels.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

"Seth Fishman is joining The Gernert Company as a literary agent. He was most recently at Sterling Lord Literistic, where he worked since 2005." From today's Publisher's Lunch email.

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com)

#2 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Six published novels across Harper Collins and Penguin Random House. See my signature for titles.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

Do you happen to know his genres Jean? I suppose I could look, but it's easier for me to ask you.

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg  24376529.jpg  25812109.jpg 25314447.jpg 30249925.jpg

@MindyMcGinnis

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Blog

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Podcast

#3 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

• Super Moderator
  • 9,302 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:New York Times bestselling romance author. Independent author with traditional publishing experience. Everything from magazines to newspapers to short stories to novels.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:21 AM

Do you happen to know his genres Jean? I suppose I could look, but it's easier for me to ask you.

Ha, ha.

If I knew, I'd list it. Looks like you are on your own, girl. Try the AQ agent database. I hear it's stellar. :wink:

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):

#4 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Six published novels across Harper Collins and Penguin Random House. See my signature for titles.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

I checked - his genres over at Sterling Lord were:

Commercial Fiction
Fantasy
Graphic Novels
Literary Fiction
Science Fiction
Short Story Collections
Young Adult

Also: Science and Tech for NF.

I assume his genres stay the same with the agency jump.

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg  24376529.jpg  25812109.jpg 25314447.jpg 30249925.jpg

@MindyMcGinnis

#5 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

• Super Moderator
  • 9,302 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:01 PM

Thanks, girl. They will probably be the same, or at least very close (I would imagine).

#6 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

Thanks, girl. They will probably be the same, or at least very close (I would imagine).

No prob. He isn't listed on their site yet so I'm cooling my heels for "a little minute" as my daughter would say.

Has the agent resource stuff made it over to this site yet? I made a look and couldn't find it, got the info off QueryTracker.

Never mind, I just spotted the answer to my question in another post.

Edited by bigblackcat97, 14 September 2010 - 09:18 AM.

@MindyMcGinnis

#7 Cheryl B. Dale

Cheryl B. Dale

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Category, ebooks, mystery