#1 dgaughran

dgaughran

Let's Get Digital

• Members
  • Pip
  • 193 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:I've published short stories and one NF title, with a novel due in the Fall.

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

Hi all,

I've been away from this forum for the past few weeks, but as you will see below, I have been busy.

I have started a new daily blog on writing, all the changes occurring in the publishing industry, and my first steps into digital publishing.

Highlights this month include: how the price of a book is shared out between retailer, publisher, and writer; piracy; the digital revolution; the changing role of agents, and the dangers that presents; what editors in trade publishing houses do; the European market; the new freedom in form that the digital revolution has brought, heralding a possible comeback of the novella and a return to to favour for the short story; the huge news that e-books are now the #1 selling format in the US; as well as some haikus of dubious merit.

There are a number of continuing series on the blog including Indie Publishing for International Writers, a step-by-step guide into getting your stories into (digital print), and a short series on Making Money From Writing.

While the blog covers all the changes in the US market, it also has an international perspective. After all, this is a global business, worth $80bn, and you would be foolish to limit yourself to selling to US readers.

If you are interested in any of the above, I hope you will come to my blog and join in the discussion.

You can read more at my blog here: Let's Get Digital, Digital or follow me for blog updates on Twitter here: @DavidGaughran

Regards,

Dave
Posted Image   Posted Image http://ecx.images-am...+yL._SL125_.jpg   http://ecx.images-am...91L._SL125_.jpg <---NEW RELEASE!!!
Download the FREE PDF version at my blog: Let's Get Digital
I have a new blog where I share curious incidents from the history of the world's most exotic continent: South Americana

#2 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

Nice looking blog: Thanks for sharing...

And thanks for the re-cap post of all the major online eBook retailers:

http://davidgaughran...nnels/#more-221

We're going to include this link in the Digi-Pub Group 'pinned" article for online distribution resources. Very informative.

#3 dgaughran

dgaughran

Let's Get Digital

• Members
  • Pip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:I've published short stories and one NF title, with a novel due in the Fall.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:57 PM

Thanks, it's been a blast writing it.
Posted Image   Posted Image http://ecx.images-am...+yL._SL125_.jpg   http://ecx.images-am...91L._SL125_.jpg <---NEW RELEASE!!!
I have a new blog where I share curious incidents from the history of the world's most exotic continent: South Americana

#4 Deb Borys

Deb Borys

Author of the Street Stories suspense series

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:My STREET STORIES suspense novel series is published by New Libri Press. I am also a freelance writer and editor, and spent four years volunteering with Emmaus Ministries and the Night Ministry in Chicago, and eight years doing similar work at Teen Feed, New Horizons and Street Links in Seattle. The STREET STORIES series reflects the reality of throw away youth striving to survive. I have also had several short stories published in print magazines and do freelance writing and editing. Some stories have been reprinted as self e-published stories on Amazon Kindle and Barnes and Noble Nook.

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

I've bookmarked your blog. Good job. I have a blog of my own that explores self e-publishing on my own personal journey, so I look forward to the wisdom your site can add to my experience.
Deb Borys
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.debra-r-borys.com
www.paintedblacknovel.com
Debra Borys Kindle Page
Author of Painted Black to be released Fall 2011 via New Libri Press.

#5 dgaughran

dgaughran

Let's Get Digital

• Members
  • Pip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

Hi Deb,

Sorry I didn't see your post here. For some reason, I'm not getting notifications anymore on threads I am "watching".

Anyway, I'll check out your blog, and best of luck.

Dave

#6 Deb Borys

Deb Borys

Author of the Street Stories suspense series

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:My STREET STORIES suspense novel series is published by New Libri Press. I am also a freelance writer and editor, and spent four years volunteering with Emmaus Ministries and the Night Ministry in Chicago, and eight years doing similar work at Teen Feed, New Horizons and Street Links in Seattle. The STREET STORIES series reflects the reality of throw away youth striving to survive. I have also had several short stories published in print magazines and do freelance writing and editing. Some stories have been reprinted as self e-published stories on Amazon Kindle and Barnes and Noble Nook.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

Hi Deb,

Sorry I didn't see your post here. For some reason, I'm not getting notifications anymore on threads I am "watching".

Anyway, I'll check out your blog, and best of luck.

Dave

I'm not getting notifications either. Must be a setting I've not come across yet. I just today found the place where it shows me which topics I'm watching. I wondered where it was. This is so different than the old board that I haven't quite got all the ins and outs down pat.
Deb Borys
www.debra-r-borys.com
www.paintedblacknovel.com
Debra Borys Kindle Page
Author of Painted Black to be released Fall 2011 via New Libri Press.

#7 giggle

giggle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

This is very effective topic and I like your blog very much. It has so many good articles. So I have subscribed it. I am looking forward for good effective articles like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users