#1 Kevin1374

Kevin1374

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:16 AM

Should I create an author page and talk about the book there or should I create a page for the book itself?

My other question is what should I talk about?

Should I post sample chapters that goes with the story but not in the book?

I'm new to small talk and communication is my weak point I am trying to improve on.

My book is medival fantasy with magic and altered mythical creatures.

The technology of the world is mixed.

Two main characters from two opposing sides.

Want to promote the book without giving the plot away or post something that could hurt my quest.

#2 Jeanne

Jeanne

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, BLOOD OF A STONE (Tuscany Press), was released in March 2015 and received an Independent Publishing Book Award (Bronze) in the national category of religious fiction. My short stories and creative nonfiction have been published Hippocampus, Literary Mama, Museum of Americana, Red Savina Review, Hermeneutic Chaos Literary Journal, and Barrelhouse, among many others.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

If you plan to write more than one book, create a FB author page. And there are all sorts of things you can talk about beyond the plot of the book. Share your writing process, interesting snippets about similar books or stories/art that inspired you. Share your hobbies.

The goal of a FB author page is to develop a following of loyal fans. People first buy your book because they are invested in and interested in YOU. If you hook them with a good story, they'll come back for more.

Jeanne

#3 Kevin1374

Kevin1374

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

I can try that!

#4 Litgal

Litgal

Veteran Queen Bee -- Moderator "Here Be Historicals"

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, "The Sister Queens," (March 2012/NAL), was set in 13th century France and England and wove the captivating story of sisters, Marguerite and Eleanor of Provence, who both became queens. My next solo novel, "Medicis Daughter," (Dec 1 2015/Thomas Dunne) traveled forward three-hundred years to the intrigue-riven French Valois court, spinning the tale of beautiful princess Marguerite who walks the knife edge between the demands of her serpentine mother, Catherine de Medicis, and those of her own conscience.

In between I became a "hybrid" as part of a group of six authors involved in a high concept novel-in-six-parts called "A Day of Fire" which released in November of 2014. The book, "A Day of Fire," tells the story of the final days of the doomed city of Pompeii in a way you've never read it before.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:40 AM

I've got an author page and also separate pages for each of my books. On the author page I tend to post general reflections on my process, links to books of others what might interest my readers, articles on topics related to the settings of my books.  On the book pages I tend to post things more closely related to the particular title (e.g. Valois history on the page for Medicis Daughter) and that is where--if I was going to post them and many people do--I would post supporting material like out-take chapters. 

Lit. (aka Sophie Perinot)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users