Links for Successful Synopsis Writing
Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:23 PM
This one has lots of links, mostly for romance novels, but they can be used for any type. It includes a bunch of successful synopses as well.
A one step at a time link
Hope this can help anyone struggling (like I was) with a first draft!
Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:20 AM
I'm adding one. It's short, but I think it gives the down and dirty of how to build the bones without too much stress.
Juvenile Junction Group Moderator
Whispering Minds~ Blog for A.T. O'Connor
Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:19 AM
It is the synopsis from the movie "Ransom"
Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:10 PM
Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:21 AM
- · You CAN tell, not just show here.
· Present tense!
· What your book is ABOUT - not how things happen.
· Show Enthusiasm! Use strong adjectives and verbs.
· If it's not a turning point, it doesn't belong in the synopsis.
· Can include snippets of dialogue or quote briefly from the novel itself.
· Show the character's emotions and motivations, those points that explain why a character does something, but keep it brief.
· If the setting is exotic, inject a taste of it into the synopsis, but else minimize.
· Don't know what to cut? Lose the adjectives and adverbs; keep the motivation and "flavour" of the story.
· The first time you use a character's name in the synopsis, type it in CAPITAL letters, the first time only.
· MOTIVATION, CONFLICT, and GOALS
· ACTION, REACTION, and a DECISION
· CRISIS and RESOLUTION
Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:40 AM
Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:52 PM
Head hits keyboard five times before MSW (MAD SYNOPSIS WRITER)gets up, Motivated by need to scream, but Conflicted by her tendency towards adult behavior codes, she Reacts to cat by conversing with cat in cat language and Decides against all primal desires to start again - but this time... with attitude.
Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:29 PM
"Writing is easy. All you have to do is stare at a blank piece of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead." Gene Fowler
I'm a YA writer represented by Julia A. Weber of J.A. Weber Literaturagentur GmbH.
I hang out at http://readywritego.blogspot.com
Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:53 PM
Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:22 PM
'Millions of words in my head... only ten fingers...'
'I write for the same reason I breathe. If I didn't, I would die.'
'Be careful or you'll end up in my novel. And so help me, you WILL have emotional baggage and a tragic death scene.'
WIP: Hour of Mischief, False Skies, and Children of Ink
Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:41 PM
Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:59 PM
Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:06 PM
Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:14 PM
Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:22 PM
@}-'-- Pen: Debra Renée Byrd
"Art doesn't come from the mind. Art comes from the place where you dream. So in a sense, I am welcoming you into my dream."
--Robert Olen Butler
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users