#1 DM Robinson

DM Robinson

D M Robinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:I have now had three novels published, UNPLAYABLE LIE, TROPICAL LIES, and TROPICAL JUDGMENTS. All were published by a small traditional publishing house out of Florida, BluewaterPress, LLC. The first novel is a golf-related suspense story, which I wanted to be as unrelated to the law as possible. The second and third novels are legal thrillers set in Honolulu.

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:15 PM

My current novel, THE DAUGHTERS OF PINOCHET, is a huge divergence from my three previously published works. It is a quirky suspense novel dealing with definite liberal-leaning politics. Since most agents don't disclose their political ideologies on their websites, it makes it difficult for me to determine whether I should query a particular agent. So, if anyone knows any agent(s) who are interested in fiction with a left-leaning political bent, I'd love a head's-up.

In the alternative, I could go with an independent publisher with like interests.

David Myles Robinson

davidmylesrobinson.com

#2 Litgal

Litgal

Veteran Queen Bee -- Moderator "Here Be Historicals"

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, "The Sister Queens," (March 2012/NAL), was set in 13th century France and England and wove the captivating story of sisters, Marguerite and Eleanor of Provence, who both became queens. My next solo novel, "Medicis Daughter," (Dec 1 2015/Thomas Dunne) traveled forward three-hundred years to the intrigue-riven French Valois court, spinning the tale of beautiful princess Marguerite who walks the knife edge between the demands of her serpentine mother, Catherine de Medicis, and those of her own conscience.

In between I became a "hybrid" as part of a group of six authors involved in a high concept novel-in-six-parts called "A Day of Fire" which released in November of 2014. The book, "A Day of Fire," tells the story of the final days of the doomed city of Pompeii in a way you've never read it before.

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

I suspect if a book is salable to a publisher then an agent will be interested whatever his/her politics, just as authors are glad to have readers of all stripes.  I think you are making a mistake to think agent's only sell or represent what they read.  They sell/represent what they feel they have the connections to successfully move. 

Lit. (aka Sophie Perinot)

#3 VerKur

VerKur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Several pubs in literary magazines.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:31 PM

it's pretty easy to detect what ideology an agent is by following them on twitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users