#1 Tom Preece

Tom Preece

Word Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Virtually none. Long long ago in college I was published in a couple of student magazines

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

I found these Speaking Volumes  by looking up one of my favorite detective novelists, Bill Pronzini.  When I went onto the site I saw that they were promoting electronic versions of some of Roger Zelazney's Amber books.  That makes these guys look pretty legitimate to me.  There book list is primarily genre, and a good deal of dropped of the Big 6 rights list writers.  Probably how Pronzini got there.

The Zelazney listing might be a good or a bad thing.  Last I knew Roger's official widow was in a righs war with the lady he lived with for many years.

The bad news is that I can seem to find almost no other electronic tracks for them.  Preditors and Editors has no listing.  Nothing has been mentioned in Absolute Write.

Has anybody had any previous experience?

As they present themselves they look very good, and very tech savy. POD publishing with electronic and audio books and a stable of actors to make audio books.

Tom P

#2 Tom Preece

Tom Preece

Word Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Virtually none. Long long ago in college I was published in a couple of student magazines

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

Looks like I'm going to answer my own question after a ton of research.  This company seems primarily to be a reprint house with some specialty in e publishing writers who still had their contract rights.  Amongst the several writers listed as theirs was one who hadn't finished his novel yet, presumably the one they were going to publish.  I could not find any originally published hard or paperbacks, though I admit I might well have missed some.

I think I'll pass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users