I am preparing to draft a blog post on a subject that has been gnawing at me for some time now -- that is, the dreaded "b" word (branding) and what it means to the average independent author.
To that end, I have questions for you all and would appreciate any input you can provide:
(1) From your viewpoint, what constitutes a "brand" as it relates to you as an author?
(2) How does one "brand" themselves? Is it even necessary?
(3) What do you see are the steps involved in developing a "brand" for an individual, as opposed to a mass-market product?
(4) How would you describe your "brand"?
(5) What effect, if any, has "branding" yourself had on sales of your books and also, how others perceive you?
(5) What advice do you have for other authors who are trying to figure out their personal "brand"?
Thank you. I appreciate your comments.