The Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

AQ, It is good to be back. 

I am looking for a content reader as well as general editing. (I'll admit, I haven't been too particular with commas this round, and there may be a homophone or two.)

The novel is a little more than 54,000 words, and I am completing edits in the last chapters. However, I am up for swapping chapters, so contact me if you want to work something out. 

Though the query has not been posted on here yet, here is the rough draft: 

At ten-years-old, Noah Dean Turner learns that he has a disorder with his heart. The sound is more of a tripled thud-thud-fail than a resounding steady drum. Paralyzed by this new truth, Noah becomes determined to find the missing piece of logic in the world. He wants to know if his life, and everything in it, amounts up to anything at all.

By Eighteen, Noah has collected over one hundred books. The words and characters stain his brain, morphing him into a boy with a knack for music, an interest for birds, and a deep addiction to literature.

Quickly, Noah discovers that many of the books he’s read relates to the people he knows, so he labels them, giving them stories that play out in their actual life. But after an unfortunate series of events followed by the death of his granddad and living with his promiscuous aunt, Noah sets out to discover his own story. By chance, he comes upon Camp Neodesha, a retreat center where many people go for solace, but where Noah is slowly going mad.

Then Noah meets a writer. From her one green eye to her one brown, Noah doesn’t understand how she makes sense in the world he’s created for himself. Worse than that, however, is that Noah can’t seem to figure her out; he can’t place a story on her that he’s already read. His desire to unveil her only brings him closer to her, but Noah knows that he is fatal. He is a ticking time bomb, and at any moment, he feels his heart could literally beat right out of his chest.

Complete at a little more than 53,000 words (give or take a few with reaming edits), Rubatosis: The Unsettling Awarness of One’s Own Heartbeat is YA literary fiction. 

I'm a writer who wants to support other writers. Follow my blog, and I'll follow yours!

Link: http://britneylewisbooks.blogspot.com/

#2 Sassalota

Sassalota

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published Novel, Ruby in the Water under the pen name J.P. Sterling.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:21 AM

I messaged you :)

#3 mzbritney12

mzbritney12

The Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:08 PM

Yay! Checking now!

I'm a writer who wants to support other writers. Follow my blog, and I'll follow yours!

Link: http://britneylewisbooks.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users