#1 b.katona

b.katona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:49 PM

hey, I'm working on a query letter and have absolutely no idea what works and what doesn't or how anything should look, so I'm in desperate need of help. i might have made mistakes as well... thanks in advance

#####################################################################################################

A new take on the concept that Nietzsche introduced through his madman character, only this exposé is not on the Christian God but on humanity. The 27-year-old, unemployed Mark Doyle, hoping to finally win a fantastical life through a few family connections, relocates to Strasbourg. He spends there almost half a year, succeeding in gaining wealth, romance and exotic friends. At the end, however, he is filled with disillusionment, resentment and loathing toward all people, as their tragedies, their aspirations and desires always had an element of independence from him—a cruel revolution in his eyes.

This novel is an attempt to explore how and what can be wanted and the eventual insufficiency of having anything. I incorporated many diverse characters, foreign and magnificent settings but at the same time it is written from Mark’s point of view, which is critical and has no dazzling objects of desire to disorient the readers, instead, even when grand schemes are unraveled and exhilarating events take place, the reader is bound to look out at those things from this internal position.

#2 b.katona

b.katona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: query letter, literary fiction, new, the madman, query, cover letter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users