Disclaimer

Photo

15 full requests, 5 offers of representation, and now several major publishers! (YA Contemporary)

Fiction Young Adult Literary Fiction Childrens Commercial Fiction Offbeat/Quirky

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 DocScurlock

DocScurlock

Doc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have not been published and have no interest in self publishing.

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

Mazel Tov!

#22 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

I re-drafted my query several times, and it took over a month to get it to this stage. I just signed with Claire Wilson at Rogers, Coleridge and White, and this is the version that she saw. (For anyone interested in stats, I sent this out to 32 agents all at once.) The book is actually going to be slightly different from this query, but still, I hope that this helps anyone beginning on their journey towards representation! Thank you to everyone in this lovely community who helped me along the way. 

Update on 1/19/16: I just accepted a two-book deal with a major publishing house!

Update 8/1/2016: The new title is IF BIRDS FLY BACK and will be available in Summer 2017 from HarperCollins in the US, Macmillan in the UK, Penguin Random House in Spain, etc. Here's the Goodreads, if you're interested: 

https://www.goodread...rom_search=true

This query does contain spoilers!

Thanks so much for the update and congratulations.  We really appreciate it when writers find success through the AQC community here and take the time to return to acknowledge it after they are catapulted into the publishing end zone.  It's inspiring and instructive for all.

#23 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

And, of course, AQC is still a good resource once you've got an agent and a publishing deal. :)

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

#24 Gruffbane

Gruffbane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published a children's book and won two awards from Writers of the Future

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:33 AM

Congrats! You've really worked your way toward success.

And now the really nerve wracking part starts. :)

Oh no what could be more horrible than writing queries and waiting on agents to reply?

This book looks great and wow Harper-Collins!

What is your job, CarlieNoel, that agents stop by and submit stuff in your office?

Just curious.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiction, Young Adult, Literary Fiction, Childrens, Commercial Fiction, Offbeat/Quirky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users