#1 thom71gt

thom71gt

Author of the Covert World anthology

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, self-published
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Kobo, smashwords, google books

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:12 PM

I'm trying to decide on the size; 6 x 4, 5 x 7, etc...   Which should I choose?  It is 100,652 words. Approximately 474 - 485 pages depending on which size I choose.

#2 Jeanne

Jeanne

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, BLOOD OF A STONE (Tuscany Press), was released in March 2015 and received an Independent Publishing Book Award (Bronze) in the national category of religious fiction. My short stories and creative nonfiction have been published Hippocampus, Literary Mama, Museum of Americana, Red Savina Review, Hermeneutic Chaos Literary Journal, and Barrelhouse, among many others.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

Trade paperbacks are 6 X 9 (the same size as hard copy books) and tend to have high quality covers. The smaller size (5 X 7) is a mass paperback size, the kind you often find in newstands at airports.

This article may be helpful: http://www.thebookde...e-of-your-book/

Jeanne

#3 Jean Oram

Jean Oram

Your friendly, neighborhood, all-purpose moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 9,300 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:New York Times bestselling romance author. Independent author with traditional publishing experience. Everything from magazines to newspapers to short stories to novels.
  • City (optional):C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:34 PM

You may also find that one size is MUCH more affordable than the other in terms of printing.

I love connecting with and helping other AQCers outside this forum as well. You can find me all over the place!

If you are looking for more about writing, you may find my blog helpful, as well as my Twitter feed:

*The Helpful Writer *Twitter

If you are a parent, you might be interested in my ideas on growing happy, healthy kids who'll thrive in this ever changing world (includes crafts, activities, games, articles, and fun!):
*Twitter *Blog *Pinterest *Facebook

I write stuff (www.jeanoram.com)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users