#1 marisajane

marisajane

oh hi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:comedy on pointsincase.com, photos in The New Yorker and HuffPo

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:56 PM

So apparently #SFFpit is specifically for sci-fi and fantasy novels.

here's the word 

TRUE NORTH ​query

BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO BUTTERFLIES 250

#2 Dr.Deb

Dr.Deb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have publishing experience but for the moment it is only within the academic setting.

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

hi marisajane

yep - I am going to participate in #SFFpit. I thought I saw you pitching True North on Pitmad last week too! I have never done a pitch contest before. I found it to be incredibly useful. I got two agents and two publishers who wanted to take a look. I will admit I am still not sure I want to go direct to a publisher - so I have only submitted to the agents who made the requests. How did you do?

Dr. Deb

#3 Michelle4Laughs

Michelle4Laughs

Walking on Sunshine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:BIRTH OF SAINTS trilogy(Harper Voyager): GRUDGING, FAITHFUL (Nov 15, 2016, Book 3 (Nov 2017). KINDAR'S CURE. Short stories in anthologies from EBP. Host of Query Kombat, Nightmare on Query Street, PB Party, Sun versus Snow.

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:12 PM

There's also a #SFFChat on December 9th at 3:00 pm and 9:00 pm. You can get all sorts of questions answered about SFF from published authors from the Harper Voyager imprint. And I'm one!  :blush:

25815723.jpg  29242455.jpg  16415686.jpg   18159598.jpg  20957949.jpg   

Blog: It's in the Details
Twitter

#4 marisajane

marisajane

oh hi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:comedy on pointsincase.com, photos in The New Yorker and HuffPo

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:02 PM

Hey Dr Deb! That's awesome! 

hi marisajane

yep - I am going to participate in #SFFpit. I thought I saw you pitching True North on Pitmad last week too! I have never done a pitch contest before. I found it to be incredibly useful. I got two agents and two publishers who wanted to take a look. I will admit I am still not sure I want to go direct to a publisher - so I have only submitted to the agents who made the requests. How did you do?

Dr. Deb

I did pretty well, I got hearts from 3 agents and 1 publisher. One of the agents who showed interest is a fave of mine, she's into dark YA. 

Sent in my materials to everyone yesterday, including the publisher. Retrospectively should have held out on the publisher, but i'll cross that bridge when I get there and be transparent and honest. 

TRUE NORTH ​query

#5 Dr.Deb

Dr.Deb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:I have publishing experience but for the moment it is only within the academic setting.

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

this is great to know about the chat tomorrow. I will definitely tune in! I am totally new to tweeting - but I must say, ever since last Friday, I have become slightly addicted...

thanks for letting us know Michelle4Laughs

#6 Bill in Memphis

Bill in Memphis

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:First novel release date is August 17th, 2016, from Dingbat Publishing.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

So apparently #SFFpit is specifically for sci-fi and fantasy novels.

here's the word 

So here's a really stupid question for a twitter newbie...how do I follow #pitmad?

Follow me on twitter @jointhebrigade1

Please visit my website and blog at: http://thelastbrigade.com/

#7 marisajane

marisajane

oh hi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

Hey Bill! 

Just now seeing this question, i'll try to help :)

So on twitter you "follow" user accounts. A user account looks like: myself@me_it's_me or Beyonce Knowles@Beyonce. Hence people talking about their number of followers, I can't believe Obama followed me, etc. 

The #hashtag on the other hand indicates a topic or keyword and helps aggregate all mentions of that topic within the twitterverse. This is where we get the idea of trending topics on twitter, ie #BundyEroticFanFic (amazing read, btw). So if you go to your twitter account, and use the search bar at the top (on mobile or desktop) you should be able to pop #pitmad in there and get results. When you tweet using this hashtag your tweet is added to the group. 

Hope this makes sense! 

TRUE NORTH ​query

#8 Bill in Memphis

Bill in Memphis

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Literary Status:published, in-between agents
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:First novel release date is August 17th, 2016, from Dingbat Publishing.

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:56 PM

Hey Bill! 

Just now seeing this question, i'll try to help :)

So on twitter you "follow" user accounts. A user account looks like: myself@me_it's_me or Beyonce Knowles@Beyonce. Hence people talking about their number of followers, I can't believe Obama followed me, etc. 

The #hashtag on the other hand indicates a topic or keyword and helps aggregate all mentions of that topic within the twitterverse. This is where we get the idea of trending topics on twitter, ie #BundyEroticFanFic (amazing read, btw). So if you go to your twitter account, and use the search bar at the top (on mobile or desktop) you should be able to pop #pitmad in there and get results. When you tweet using this hashtag your tweet is added to the group. 

Hope this makes sense! 

OH!....so it's kind of like a bulletin board. Okay, I get it now. Thanks!

Follow me on twitter @jointhebrigade1

Please visit my website and blog at: http://thelastbrigade.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users