1 reply to this topic

#1 ken48255

ken48255

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Some publishing in newsletters - experience in the fan fiction world - no books yet

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

GM - I'm getting to post my first ebook.  I've been reading about using only Amazon KDP select various Smashwords or Digital to Digital.  There seems to benefits with using KDP select but I'm worried about losing other markers.  Does anyone have advice?

#2 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

Here's what we will tell you...

The concern should not be losing other markets at the stage that you are in: self-publishing your very first book.

The concern should be how you expect to market a stand-alone book and how you expect to find an audience within your genre.

Focus on that question first...and make sure you have a plan to answer that question.

The number of distributors or platforms or marketplaces is irrelevant unless you know how to gain visibility for your ebook.

Make sure you know and understand the genre of your book and start doing research about how other successful self-published indie authors gain visibility for their books within THAT particular genre (which should also be your book's genre).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users