#1 EllieM

EllieM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:04 AM

This actually happened in November (can read my blogpost here), but I just remembered to post it here. I've gotten so much help in the forums, and I just wanted to give back :D

I hope this helps!

I'm seeking representation for my 70,000 young adult fantasy, THE WICKED AND THE DARK. Given your interested in fantasy with a romantic angle, with a bit of a mystery, I thought it might be a good fit for your list.

Sixteen-year-old Caetlin Lovelell and her family are carefree socialites by day and ruthless tunnel guardians by night.

The luxurious city of Dorme is filled with lavish parties, sumptuous banquets, sprawling mansions, but it is under constant attack from Shadeu—flesh-eating shadows that can only lurk in the dark tunnels below their city. It’s a steep price to pay to live in the city that promises wealth and prosperity to all its residents—including Caetlin and her family.

When the Shadeu start to slink out during the day, something that wasn’t thought possible, and kill off leaders of the guards, no one is prepared. The Lovelells’ major rule is: If it doesn’t happen in their territory, it’s not their problem. But when Caetlin’s brother goes missing, she and her sisters will do whatever it takes to find him—even if it means breaking all their rules, revealing their identities, and allying with the potentially dangerous (and attractive) lone guard to do it.

THE WICKED AND THE DARK is a stand alone with series potential. It will appeal to fans of kick-ass heroines and hidden identities such as Jodi Meadows’ The Orphan Queen Duology and Leah Cypess’s Death Sworn Duology.

Per your guidelines, I've pasted the first 25 pages and synopsis below.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

wattpad_logo_140_zpsowxshxa7.png

#2 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:THE MIRROR OF IMMORTALITY series (YA Fantasy)- Snowy Wings Publishing, Bks 1 & 2 May 2017. THE OTHERS adult scifi trilogy - White Tulip Press, Bks 1 & 2 March 2017.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:55 PM

Congratulations!

#3 aehearn

aehearn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Literary Status:agented, industry insider, media
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Intern for Kate Brauning, Entangled TEEN. YA author represented by Christa Heschke, M&O.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:29 PM

*agent sister fist bump*

#4 EllieM

EllieM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

*agent sister fist bump*

OMG! *cling hug* I didn't know you were on here!! :D Yaaaay agent sisteer! <3 <3

Congratulations!

Thank you! :D

#5 All Urban Everything

All Urban Everything

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Published print journalist and emerging fiction writer.

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:25 PM

Sixteen-year-old Caetlin Lovelell and her family are carefree socialites by day and ruthless tunnel guardians by night.

That sentence alone makes me want to read this. Congrats!

"Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow."

"All stories are about wolves. All worth repeating, that is. Anything else is sentimental drivel. …Think about it. There's escaping from the wolves, fighting the wolves, capturing the wolves, taming the wolves. Being thrown to the wolves, or throwing others to the wolves so the wolves will eat them instead of you. Running with the wolf pack. Turning into a wolf. Best of all, turning into the head wolf. No other decent stories exist." -- Margaret Atwood

#6 Andrea Roche

Andrea Roche

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Solstice Publishing Nov 28, 2016

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:25 PM

I read your query page and I am so impressed with how you molded your query using the opinions of others, gracefully took critical opinion and grew from it. Very cool you rock!  

That is a "kick- ass" query! Congrats!

Andrea Roche

Author: Nights Arose on Amazon

www.Facebook/NightsArose.com

Twitter: @Rose121562

#7 EllieM

EllieM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

That sentence alone makes me want to read this. Congrats!

Thanks so much!!!! I can't wait until it's available in the world someday :D

I read your query page and I am so impressed with how you molded your query using the opinions of others, gracefully took critical opinion and grew from it. Very cool you rock!  

That is a "kick- ass" query! Congrats!

Thanks you so much!!! I went to an art school, so I learned to give and take advice from critiques and adapt from there. I'm really happy and glad it shows through!! <3

#8 all4kristen

all4kristen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:44 AM

Have you had any luck finding a publisher?  Just curious.  Congratulations.

#9 GwMartins

GwMartins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationSouth America

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

That's awesome! Congratulations!!! Your query is great :smile:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fantasy, Young Adult

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users