#1 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,611 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:16 AM

How had I not noticed this forum before?

Well, I wanted to make sure you were all aware that Elephant's Bookshelf Press, my publishing company, is looking for urban fantasy stories. The details are here, and feel free to ask me any questions.

For background, EBP's first anthology, Spring Fevers, was released in 2012; all the stories were written by AQC writers, because those are the folks I knew best. We've published a total of 10 books since 2012, including seven anthologies. The last anthology was Horrors: Real, Imagined, and Deadly.

There's time to write a new story and submit it for consideration. If you've not written UF in the past, don't let that be a reason not to try. Indeed, trying new things is the best way to grow and develop your craft and expand your writing perspective!

#2 speedchuck

speedchuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:37 PM

I have already submitted to this anthology, but that is not why I am posting. I have been following Elephant's Bookshelf Press, and they have updated the contest.

The submission deadline is now SEPTEMBER 9TH
The genre has been expanded to include ALL FANTASY

Just so everyone knows. This one is still ripe for submission!

http://elephantsbook...-anthology.html

#3 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:29 PM

EBP is awesome! If you get a short story published in one of their anthologies you'll be included with some of the top, published, writers working today.

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users