lake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Not yet!

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

Attention Writers, I am in search of creative unpublished monologues or short pieces with the theme of Family, Loss and Love that I can use for a fundraiser.  There is no money involved although bragging rights and the satisfaction of helping out a fellow writer in need of funds.

Details -

Ami Henderickson, a long time professional consultant, ghost writer and friend in Michigan husband is going to die soon (by Thanksgiving or earlier) of a brain tumor.  Since she is a writer, I think we all know what medical bills can accumulate.

I want to put on a one night fundraiser for her and her family and make it a readers theater of various pieces dealing with Family, or Loss or Love.  I cannot afford publication fees as with a play and am asking if anyone would be willing to submit something/anything to use for this event.  

I totally understand that what is sent cannot in anyway be published or idea stolen by anyone involved in this endeavor.    You are more than willing to submit anonymously while stating in a query that one of your pieces has been performed on a stage.

If you have questions, pm me.

Lake

[quote][list=1]

[list]

[*][sup][sub][s][spoiler]Lake Michigan[/spoiler][/s][/sub][/sup]

[/list]

[/list][/quote]

#2 lake

lake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Not yet!

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

I know you are reluctant about doing this - all I need is a paragraph or two on one or more of the theme: Family,Loss,Love

Maybe this will motivate you into participating:

Ami and I had a brief text exchange yesterday. "Meds didn’t work. Tumor has grown. Doc at U of M is done.”

If/when Robert is gone, Ami will be a single mother at that point and they will lose his disability eventually. Not sure how immediately this occurs. They will get social security. Not sure how that compares. Too much to think about all at once and she could certainly benefit from an interim fund until she can figure all that out. 

NOT ASKING FOR MONEY - Just your TIME & TALENT for a fellow writer

Ami and I had a brief text exchange yesterday. "Meds didn’t work. Tumor has grown. Doc at U of M is done.”

[quote][list=1]

[list]

[*][sup][sub][s][spoiler]Lake Michigan[/spoiler][/s][/sub][/sup]

[/list]

[/list][/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users