#1 Lindak

Lindak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

After help reworking and reworking my query with the help of people on this site, I ended up having to redo the entire query to fit the agent's format for submissions. This resulted in getting attention and my manuscript added to her list. Although it took several months, she eventually contacted me with the offer of representation.

Attached is the synopsis and complete manuscript for Linda Kasten, a 110,000-word thriller Castle of Cards, depicting how a bride’s promising future goes awry when the man she just married is accused of participating in a government crime and coverup involving children.

Thrown into a world where an echelon’s power and greed threaten to dominate the world’s workforce, Adrianna finds herself caught in a dangerous position, fearing she married a stranger. Her journey takes her through the most well-orchestrated scheme ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting population, a scheme leaving no government agency or entity innocent, not even her husband. As she unravels the enemy’s utilization of psychological conditioning and drug experimentation on children to realize their goal, she also discovers anyone who crosses them ends up dead. Everyone’s future is at risk, and she may be the only one who can expose the truth, if she can stay alive.

This is a debut novel professionally critiqued and edited. I have a creative writing and journalism degree and belong to several writers’ groups. Thank you for your time and consideration. The synopsis and manuscript are attached.

Sincerely,
Linda Kasten

#2 Nonicks

Nonicks

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationEurope

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:40 AM

Congrats!  :smile:

#3 adr90

adr90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:"The Gods' Wager," short story published by New Realms Magazine

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:33 AM

Wow, yeah, that's a different format!

But congratulations! That's amazing!

#4 elizabethph

elizabethph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:02 AM

Congratulations! Definitely want to read it.

#5 Brittney_Canna

Brittney_Canna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:59 PM

Congrats! I can only imagine how that must feel! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users