ACasey

ACasey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

I've just been offered a contract with this press. I know they've been around a couple of years and they've published quite a bit in a short time, but I wonder if anyone's ever had any experience with them or has any reviews.

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:26 AM

I don't know anything about them, but a quick google search found a discussion on Absolute Write that seemed positive about them. Not an endorsement by me, just an observation.

#3 cnrage

cnrage

Caleb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:None - Ready to learn.

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:54 PM

I've just been offered a contract with this press. I know they've been around a couple of years and they've published quite a bit in a short time, but I wonder if anyone's ever had any experience with them or has any reviews.

Congrats Alex!

What's the contract for?

#4 writemod5

writemod5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:15 PM

I've just been offered a contract with NineStar as well, any new info/reviews?

I've only found fairly positive stuff on them but a lot of it is from 2015-16, so I'm wondering if there's anything I should consider while I review the contract and whether to sign.

Thanks!

#5 Monsmord

Monsmord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

Congrats to you both!  I hope it works out, one way or another!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users