2 replies to this topic

#1 adr90

adr90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:"The Gods' Wager," short story published by New Realms Magazine

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:11 AM

My YA historical fantasy is set in Orkney, Scotland, and (unfortunately) I've never been.

I've done loads of research via the internet (and even convincing my friend to check out a book at her university and email me photos of the text--she's amazing), but that only goes so far. 

Is anyone here from Orkney? Lived there? Has family there?

I've got a list of questions.

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:26 AM

I know it's in northern Scotland and there's a castle with my last name "attached" to it somewhere, but beyond that.... I drink scotch.

#3 adr90

adr90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:"The Gods' Wager," short story published by New Realms Magazine

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:08 AM

Haha. That's something, at least!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users