3 replies to this topic

#1 asmcdermott

asmcdermott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Short fiction published in anthologies and literary magazine

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:51 AM

Hi all! I am seeking a beta reader for my completed 77k YA novel Supra/Normal.

For sixteen-year-old Julie Jackson, being able to punch through brick walls and shrug off knives and bullets is no dream. It's a curse that could land her in prison for the rest of her life, or worse.

A generation after the Supranormal War decimated the world, Julie lives in hiding with a group of other gifted teenagers, called Supras. Guarded by a telepathic veteran of the war, they try to stay one step ahead of the Normalizers – a ruthless police force immune to their powers. But when Julie breaks their cover to rescue another Supra, the Normalizers soon attack their hideout and capture their guardian.

Forced to flee, Julie and her friends have one last hope. The rescued Supra, a frightened young man named Steve, carries a mutated gene which may counteract the Normalizers' immunity. But before they can use it, Julie must face her greatest fear, and discover the truth that has been kept from them. If they succeed in their desperate mission, they have a chance to become the heroes the world told them they could never be.

I feel pretty good grammar-wise after running it through prowritingaid a few times, so I am mainly looking for feedback on how well the characters and storyline work for the intended audience, and if there are any glaring plot holes. I will gladly reciprocate if there is someone who would also like feedback on their book.
Thanks!

#2 Nonicks

Nonicks

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationEurope

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

I'd love to. My novel is also YA Sci-fi.

#3 babbling_brooke

babbling_brooke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:I haven't been published yet and don't have an agent, but I'm looking :). Some snippets of my work have been posted on my blog.

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

I'm interested! I also posted an ad for a crit partner, so feel free to check that out and get back to me if you're interested!

Oops, just realized this was from September. Maybe you're still looking...lol

#4 TheBest

TheBest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I've just finished my first young and new adult Sci-fi novel, which I'm very proud of, and eager to get published. I've written two plays and a novella, self-published online.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

Hey!

I'd love to, if you're still interested, and still editing. Your query really pulled me in. Message me for info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users