Disclaimer

Photo

YA historical that got me 7 partials, 14 fulls, and my agent!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RosieSkye

RosieSkye

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

I queried well over 100 agents over the course of a year and four months with several revised versions of my manuscript, and now I'm signed!  Persistence and flexibility pay off!  

Sixteen-year-old Marguerite is penniless and shunned, which is quite a problem, given that she’s sworn to save her only friend from being burned at the stake.

In 1428, illegitimate (and fitfully promiscuous) Marguerite is not only a pariah in her village, but also in her own family.  The one bright spot in her life is her friendship with Jehannette d’Arc – the only person who’d shed a tear if Marguerite died of plague.  So when God calls upon Jehannette to drive the invading English army out of France, Marguerite is determined to help. 

With nothing at her disposal but beauty and daring, Marguerite frees Jehannette from the clutches of a betrothal so she can embark on the mission.  Simple enough.  But then comes the world beyond their village, in which Marguerite must match wits with scheming courtiers, and protect Jehannette on the field without becoming the burying point of a battle axe.

Then Jehannette is captured by the English, who are determined to see her executed for witchcraft.  And with Jehannette’s fate looking bleaker by the day, Marguerite realizes the lengths to which she’ll have to go to save her… because failure means facing a life in which her only friend has gone up in flames.

ARMORED is a 76,000-word historical YA novel, and an alternate telling of the story of Joan of Arc.  It’s a standalone with series potential, and will appeal to fans of Katherine Longshore’s Gilt, and the Scarlet trilogy by A.C. Gaughen.  I’m currently a story producer on _______ and I write the episode synopses for ________.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

#2 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:THE MIRROR OF IMMORTALITY series (YA Fantasy)- Snowy Wings Publishing, Bks 1 & 2 May 2017. THE OTHERS adult scifi trilogy - White Tulip Press, Bks 1 & 2 March 2017.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:43 AM

Congrats!

#3 daniL

daniL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

That sounds amazing! I'd read it tomorrow, if given the opportunity :)

#4 RosieSkye

RosieSkye

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:40 AM

Thank you!!  :)

#5 julialynn

julialynn

Julia Lynn Rubin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:27 PM

YAY!!!

YA Author ♔ Writer

http://www.julialynnrubin.com

follow me on Twitter

#6 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:45 PM

Nice work!

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

#7 billluton

billluton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:None yet. I published my doctoral dissertation, but I don't think my YA audience is going to want to read that ;)

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

Awesome! I just started an account here, and I'm polishing up my YA Historical, so your post gives me some hope as I get ready for the daunting task of the query process!

Thanks for sharing  

All the best,

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users