#1 Gibber

Gibber

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Tooling around in fanfiction until shit got real.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:52 PM

I sent a manuscript to an agent a few months ago, and she finally got back to me this week. It's a no on the ms "as it stands". But she gave me a lot of feedback and said that should I revise, "don't hesitate to send it to me again". I agree with a lot of what she said (all of it, to a degree), and I wouldn't mind revising with her feedback in mind.

But she also said to send along anything else I have, and I just started querying a different manuscript. Based on her interviews, I wouldn't have picked her for either book (they're very much fantasy and she's been pretty quiet on that front), but I was referred to her by a different agent for an even earlier manuscript (an urban fantasy). So I can't tell if the new one is something on her wishlist or not.

Opinions? (Help?)

#2 Thrash

Thrash

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:16 PM

If she says send other things, send her other things. Let her know her feedback resonated with you and you're also starting on revisions. If you have questions, ask them!  If she seems standoffish or really dislikes your other work, well, that will tell you something, won't it? And hey, free feedback! 

#3 Gibber

Gibber

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Tooling around in fanfiction until shit got real.

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:33 AM

Solid advice. Thanks!

#4 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

Congrats. That's a good start.

If she's going to be your agent, then you're going to be doing a lot of this kind of thing together. So do what Thrash said. 

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users