Disclaimer

Photo

Heart Of Thorne (Contemp/Erotic Romance)

Romance

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Maggieway

Maggieway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand
  • Publishing Experience:Complete novice but I wrote a 95,000 novel for practice (I don't intend to publish it just yet as its not to the style I want to be known for)

Currently writing a romance novel which will finish at around 75,000 words which I intend to turn into a series (at least one sequel)

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:17 PM

Hi Everyone!

I have also posted my query letter, but here is my synopsis as part of some query submissions. 

HEART OF THORNE

SYNOPSIS

Bastien and Mia fell in love in college. At the end of semester, Bastien had to go to London for a short but urgent family trip. His father Reynold made a surprise visit to Mia in Chicago where she was waiting for Bastien to return and effectively blackmails her to break up with his son. The company is running into dire financial difficulty, and it is subtly inferred that Reynold has plans for Bastien that will save the family company.

Wanting him to be happy and continue with his glitzy lifestyle, Mia writes him a breakup letter and lets him go.

Present day.

22-year-old Mia Winters is single, and has her dream job baking cakes for her own little café in Chicago. She lives with her roommate and best friend, Rachel, who constantly tries to set her up with men. Mia doesn’t think she eschews men deliberately but she knows that she’s still haunted by her heartbreak with the love of her life, Bastien Thorne, two years later.

She’s focused on her career. If the cafe does well, then she’s well. She’s convinced of this. Though, she still pines for Bastien knowing that she can never have him. He’s too complicated.

But when Bastien appears out of the blue and into her life again, all the hurt and passion broil over. Now he wants to see her again. He places his business card in her hands. After two years of no contact, and Mia being aware he is engaged, she has a choice to make.

She chooses to ignore him. She tosses his card. She’s moved on and obviously so has he. Then why is Bastien continually chasing her? He won’t stop asking her to lunch and uses every chance he has to see her.

Mia tries to rebuff him at every opportunity but finds herself falling for him all over again. She knows he’s engaged, but the temptation to be with him proves to be very strong and it’s obvious they have unfinished business. Of course, bits of their previous relationship—mainly his world and family—the very things that kept them apart—haven’t changed.

Bastien explains that he’s competing with his half-brother, Henri, for control of the company he’s already sacrificed so much for. This marriage will ensure his future and finances. But it’s Mia’s turn to make a sacrifice. Is she willing to have only a part of him if it means being with him?

She has qualms about this, knowing that they initially broke up because they were from opposite worlds and is worried it’s going to pose problems again, if not more so this time.

Succumbing to temptation and passion, se decides to go through with the affair. Everything has changed. She braces for heartbreak because it still comes with Bastien.

But just as things are looking rosy, Bastien’s fiancée, Tamara, shows up. Tamara understands that she and Bastien aren’t in love and is content for him to see other people, but she hints that she does have feelings for Bastien and naively believes that once they get married, he will change his mind about her.

She makes it clear that Mia has no right to get in between Bastien and her, and warns her that Mia will only get cast aside, that Bastien is only using her for sex.

Shaken by Tamara and the whole of Bastien’s world, Mia decides to run out on him, ending the book and their relationship the way it began.

THE END

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Romance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users