#1 JordanTheNinja

JordanTheNinja

The Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published in a magazine.

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:01 PM

Hello all,

So, I'm currently querying for a novel of mine and am waiting to hear back. Now, I never really considered self-publishing as an avenue for me, since I had a lot of pre-conceived beliefs about it, but I figure that, we are in a more digital age, so why not at least look into it?

Does anyone here have self-publishing experience they can share, especially involving Kindle Direct? I still plan on pursuing the traditional publishing route for my main novel, but I have other stories that I think would fit in regards to getting my name out there and attempting to build awareness.

Thank you!

I am Jordan the Ninja, pleased to meet ya.

My first YA Fantasy book YOUTH available on Amazon: tinyurl.com/jk2kx6k 

Twitter: @JordanAdams1128

Instagram: @JordanAdams1128

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney

#2 KitCampbell

KitCampbell

Occasionally considering octopus husbandry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Three novels published through Turtleduck Press, short stories all over the place. Readying to dip my toes back into the agent search pool.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:09 PM

Kindle Direct, or KDP, is pretty easy. You can upload your book through kdp.amazon.com--takes maybe 10 minutes. You can preview the book there to make sure it'll look right on people's Kindles, select pricing, choose categories and keywords (some categories are only accessible through keywords), and get it all uploaded. It goes live pretty fast, and updates also go live decently quick.

You can also enroll your book in KDP Select or KDP Unlimited there. I've never used either of those services, though, so I'll leave that to someone else. You have to go exclusive to Amazon to be in KDP Select, so if you'd like to build a readership on other platforms (such as iTunes or Kobo) that's something to take into account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users