6 replies to this topic

#1 nmdragonwriter

nmdragonwriter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Short stories published in local (read: small) literary magazines; two Silver Awards in the National Scholastic Short Story competition; winner of the prestigious Vanderbilt Award for Excellence in Creative Writing

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:32 PM

Which version do you like best, and why?

Attached Files

#2 KitCampbell

KitCampbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Three novels published through Turtleduck Press, short stories all over the place. Readying to dip my toes back into the agent search pool.

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

I kind of like the last one for its simplicity, but it's lost the genre aspect to it (it doesn't say "fantasy" to me), so it's probably not the best choice.

The second and third ones are kind of equal, but I'd vote for the one that is the combination of person/beast (I'm assuming one of the characters is a shapeshifter of some sort). So if the guy is the animal, I'd do the guy/animal cover, or if the girl is the animal, the girl/animal cover.

The first one feels too busy to me.

I hope that helps!

#3 Andrea Roche

Andrea Roche

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Solstice Publishing Nov 28, 2016

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:53 PM

I like Image 2. The colors just appeal to me, the black and white leopard with the white lettering and the smoldering look the brunette has on the cover is just really hot. Its pretty much a great contrast between the warmth of her pic and the chill of the blue and the leopard. It appeals to me the best.

I don't like the image of the man he is too shady looking, and the cougar alone on the cover looks like a national geographic.  You don't want to confuse anyone.

Good luck I think #2 is a winner.

Andrea Roche

Author: Nights Arose on Amazon

www.Facebook/NightsArose.com

Twitter: @Rose121562

#4 Blueberry Tide

Blueberry Tide

Burnt Coffee Bean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-Published

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:24 PM

The first looks like a romance novel. I like the coloration of the second. I'm on the fence about the third. It kind of has the romance-feel, too. The handsome yet rugged man, the animal, both suggest masculinity and power. The last one looks...minimal in comparison. I'm not as big of a fan of it. It looks like it was made for free. 

Without knowing anything about the book's story, I'd pick #2. I'd further question who the main character is. If it's the woman, I'd go with 2. If it is the man, I'd go with 3. 

#5 Sassalota

Sassalota

• Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published Novel, Ruby in the Water under the pen name J.P. Sterling.

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

Did you still need feedback on this one? I like the 3rd one because it bothers me that the woman looks naked, but if the MC is a girl, maybe you can find one with a shirt.  The 4th one looks like a national geographic book to me. It's your call. Good luck!

#6 julialynn

julialynn

Julia Lynn Rubin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

Last one has the cleanest design.

YA Author of BURRO HILLS (Diversion Books, 18) ♔ 

http://www.julialynnrubin.com

follow me on Twitter

#7 Dr Anne

Dr Anne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand
  • Publishing Experience:Short stories, articles, poems published in books, anthologies, magazines and online, in Australia.

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:33 PM

I like the fourth one.

The others remind me of Romance novels, and the girl looks too perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users