#1 JordanTheNinja

JordanTheNinja

The Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published in a magazine.

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:16 AM

First, I want to thank all the people who answered some questions I had involving Kindle Direct and self-publishing as a whole. I've thought about it, and I have a novella sitting on my desktop that's collecting dust and I've decided I wanted to share it with people. As a writer, my main goal is to get people to read what I write, so I feel that this will at least help develop a platform of sorts. I'm still planning on doing the traditional publishing route as well (waiting to hear back from agents) but this particular story of mine was created out of a more personal place, so I feel people can connect with it more,

I'm not sure when, but I'm shooting for it to be available by the end of next month.

So how about you guys? Got any eBooks or kindle direct releases?

I am Jordan the Ninja, pleased to meet ya.

My first YA Fantasy book YOUTH available on Amazon: tinyurl.com/jk2kx6k 

Twitter: @JordanAdams1128

Instagram: @JordanAdams1128

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:00 AM

Sounds good. But don't forget the marketing. That's often the hardest part and the element that many of us -- most, perhaps -- don't do enough of to capture attention. And it's an ongoing thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users