#1 JordanTheNinja

JordanTheNinja

The Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published in a magazine.

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:16 AM

First, I want to thank all the people who answered some questions I had involving Kindle Direct and self-publishing as a whole. I've thought about it, and I have a novella sitting on my desktop that's collecting dust and I've decided I wanted to share it with people. As a writer, my main goal is to get people to read what I write, so I feel that this will at least help develop a platform of sorts. I'm still planning on doing the traditional publishing route as well (waiting to hear back from agents) but this particular story of mine was created out of a more personal place, so I feel people can connect with it more,

I'm not sure when, but I'm shooting for it to be available by the end of next month.

So how about you guys? Got any eBooks or kindle direct releases?

Through trials comes triumph.

My social media:

Twitter: JordanAdams1128

Instagram: jordan_adams1128 (I post too many selfies, but also some writing  :cool: )

Snapchat: jordan_adams7

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:00 AM

Sounds good. But don't forget the marketing. That's often the hardest part and the element that many of us -- most, perhaps -- don't do enough of to capture attention. And it's an ongoing thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users