1 reply to this topic

#1 strykerdoc

strykerdoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Never been published.

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:03 PM

Hey everyone. After doing a bit of research I have figured out that my writing fits into the narrative non-fiction category and I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how I should go about the process of getting published. Not fitting into the fiction or the standard non-fiction genres is confusing me.

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,474 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

Agents typically will specify whether they represent narrative nonfiction or not. I recommend you do some research in agentquery.com -- the database site associated with this one -- to find agents who might appreciate what you're sending out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users