#1 Sassalota

Sassalota

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published Novel, Ruby in the Water under the pen name J.P. Sterling.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

Does anyone know how to add a border to your cover picture on amazon? I looked on their forums and didn't see much.

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

You mean putting the border on your book cover? Amazon uses your cover, so if you have a white border on it, it'll show up.

#3 Sassalota

Sassalota

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published Novel, Ruby in the Water under the pen name J.P. Sterling.

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, my cover is white so I was told to add a border on it, but don't know how.

#4 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

oh, now I understand. I'm unsure how to address that, but you're right that it could get lost. Did you do a paperback version? Amazon does 3D aspects of the paperback, so it might stand out better. But if nothing else, I suspect you may want to avoid having an all-white cover in the future.

#5 Sassalota

Sassalota

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Thanks! Yeah, I think I have to change the original PDF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users