#1 Jeanne

Jeanne

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, BLOOD OF A STONE (Tuscany Press), was released in March 2015 and received an Independent Publishing Book Award (Bronze) in the national category of religious fiction. My short stories and creative nonfiction have been published Hippocampus, Literary Mama, Museum of Americana, Red Savina Review, Hermeneutic Chaos Literary Journal, and Barrelhouse, among many others.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

I'm honored to have my essay, "Good Gentlemen, Speak Up," published in The Manifest Station. Many thanks to the editors for their support!

http://themanifestst...entlemen-speak/

Jeanne

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

Well written about a topic that needs to be discussed more and more, openly and often angrily. If you haven't read it, pick up a copy of Mindy McGinnis's The Female of the Species. It's intense and important. The lead character often describes the predators in animalistic terms, which I think is exactly right. The character talks about how it's not about how pretty a girl is; if she's apart from the pack, she's vulnerable and will be dominated.

I hope your piece is well received.

#3 Jeanne

Jeanne

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, BLOOD OF A STONE (Tuscany Press), was released in March 2015 and received an Independent Publishing Book Award (Bronze) in the national category of religious fiction. My short stories and creative nonfiction have been published Hippocampus, Literary Mama, Museum of Americana, Red Savina Review, Hermeneutic Chaos Literary Journal, and Barrelhouse, among many others.

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:11 AM

Thank you! I've received a lot of positive feedback so far. I'll look for that book. Sounds interesting!

Jeanne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users