#1 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:39 PM

I'm curious what tools and tactics other writers use to develop their audience. I think we're all aware of blogging, but how are you reaching out to find readers? There's a lot of possible answers to this type of question, so don't limit any answers to your web presence.

#2 Sassalota

Sassalota

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published Novel, Ruby in the Water under the pen name J.P. Sterling.

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

I've had most of my sales from Amazon ads.

#3 Niambi

Niambi

Malaika: Fallen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalism

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:10 PM

I haven't published yet because I was on the fence about self or traditional.  I've decided to go with self so I can build an audience at the least.  My work tends to lean toward the comic/graphic novel side of the industry (with illustrations and all) so I'm planning on visiting one of the many conventions held near D.C. and partnering up with some traditional comic book authors I know.  

#4 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

Wow, that sounds amazing, Niambi!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users