2 replies to this topic

#1 Castlewriter

Castlewriter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:I've self-published a nonfiction book, Smokeless: An Introductory Guide To The Pleasures Of Vaping (since unpublished due to being outdated as the industry advanced beyond it), as well as having had short stories published by niche online publishers. Working on my first full length novel as well as a horror novella.

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:58 AM

The title is a clue to the theme of the main protagonist's character arc; however, if some of you guess that it also sounds a little evocative of the early Mike Hammer titles ("I, The Jury", "My Gun Is Quick" and the like) you're not wrong.

#2 KitCampbell

KitCampbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Three novels published through Turtleduck Press, short stories all over the place. Readying to dip my toes back into the agent search pool.

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

It sounds good to me, though isn't immediately indicative of genre. Though depending on how much cover control you have when you get to that point, as long as the noir/western elements show up on the cover, it'd probably be fine.

#3 billluton

billluton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:None yet. I published my doctoral dissertation, but I don't think my YA audience is going to want to read that ;)

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

I really like it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users