Burnt Coffee Bean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-Published

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:18 PM

So, I made my print book, Devil's Blood 2, live on Amazon this afternoon. However, when I go into Amazon to see it, the print book and the ebook are separate books. The print book then says "currently unavailable."

So...any ideas on what this means? Did I miss a step in the set-up? I published the first Devil's Blood book without this hiccup. The ebook and the print come up as one search result, not two. 

Or, is it because it takes a bit of time for the Amazon people to catch up? I literally put it up like five minutes ago. 

#2 Tameka M

Tameka M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, agented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have been published in various lifestyle magazines and am currently working on publishing my first novel.

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

So, I made my print book, Devil's Blood 2, live on Amazon this afternoon. However, when I go into Amazon to see it, the print book and the ebook are separate books. The print book then says "currently unavailable."

So...any ideas on what this means? Did I miss a step in the set-up? I published the first Devil's Blood book without this hiccup. The ebook and the print come up as one search result, not two. 

Or, is it because it takes a bit of time for the Amazon people to catch up? I literally put it up like five minutes ago. 

This happened to me too. Actually it does take Amazon a bit to combine both editions, but if you want them to rectify it faster, just reach out to them via customer service.

I published my paperback via Createspace so I emailed them and they fixed it the same day. If you published via KDP, you have to contact them as well to fix it. https://kdp.amazon.c...33G45HCUNE6YF. 

If you wait it out it may take a few days for Amazon to do it automatically. 

Adoption, Love, Death, Lies, Explosive Sex, Broken Hearts, Chilling Truths...
"Letters to Chyna - A Novel" 
By: Tameka Mullins

Reach me at:
Twitter
Facebook
Google+
Tumblr

#3 KitCampbell

KitCampbell

Occasionally considering octopus husbandry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Three novels published through Turtleduck Press, short stories all over the place. Readying to dip my toes back into the agent search pool.

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, they will eventually connect them, but it does normally take a couple of days (and it takes longer for your book to show up on international sites if you're doing that).

#4 Blueberry Tide

Blueberry Tide

Burnt Coffee Bean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-Published

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

Thanks team! I figured I was being rash, but I wanted to make sure. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users