Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:none

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

I have four possible pitches (some with slight differences), and I'm not sure which to go with.

1. Zoe's found the girl of her dreams—despite the fur and fangs. But the malevolent entity that cursed Isabella isn’t finished. Unless they can defeat it, this beauty will be cursed along with her beast.

2. Isabella is Zoe’s dream girl—fur and fangs included. But the malevolent entity that cursed Isabella isn’t finished. Unless they can defeat it, this beauty will be cursed along with her beast.

3. Zoe's found the girl of her dreams—despite the fur and fangs. But the town’s boogeyman won't stop and unless they can defeat it, this beauty will be cursed along with her beast.

4. Isabella is Zoe’s dream girl—fur and fangs included. But the town’s boogeyman won't stop and unless they can defeat it, this beauty will be cursed along with her beast.

Queries and such:

YA fantasy: ALL IS DARK

Query: http://agentqueryconnect.com/index.php?/topic/36542-all-is-dark-newest-on-post-17

YA Contemporary Fantasy: BENEATH THE MADDENING MOON

Query: http://agentquerycon...addening-moon/

#2 DV77

DV77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

Of all of those I'd say number two. I like the first couple of sentences but the last part of it confuses me a little. What kind of curse is it? I appreciate this is a 35 word pitch but it feels like you're going for cute when it's an opportunity to make the stakes a little more clear.

#3 giffordmac

giffordmac

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

I agree that #2 is the best one.

Good luck!

“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel

~~~

#4 punitrastogi

punitrastogi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationAsia
  • Publishing Experience:Ready with the first draft of my first book

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

How about this:

despite the fur and fangs, Isabella is Zoe's dream girl. But Unless they can defeat the malevolent entity that cursed Isabella, this beauty will be cursed along with her beast.

#5 CM_Fick

CM_Fick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Mark of Fate, Bad Caveman Publishing, 2011

Self published works:
    Burden of Fate, 2012
    Legacy of Fate, 2016
    When the Dead Rise: Series 1, 2016

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:18 PM

I think 2 is the best out of the 4 here, but I do like the beginning of punitrastogi's suggestion. 

Despite the fur and fangs, Isabella is Zoe's dream girl. (my minor edit suggestion for the last part -->) But the malevolent entity that cursed Isabella isn’t finished, and unless they can defeat it, this beauty will be cursed along with her beast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users