Danielle76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

Hello, everyone! 

The question is: is there anyone who would buy a manuscript to put under their own name? As I mentioned, this is a weird question. My reason for asking, and perhaps this will clarify things, is that I don't want recognition for my writings but I also think people would like to read them. I've written two books and just never published. I would like to be a ghostwriter but it seems that I cannot find a good place to start with that. Therefore, here I am asking my question. Hopefully this makes sense. 

Many thanks, 

Danielle Y. 

#2 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

I think you'll find the answer is no.

Use a pen name.

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

#3 Blueberry Tide

Blueberry Tide

Burnt Coffee Bean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-Published

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

I went the pen name route for similar reasons. I didn't want the recognition. Even the idea of it stresses me out. But, you can publish under whatever name you'd like. For example, on CreateSpace, it asks what the author's name as it will appear on the book. You can publish five books under five different author names if you'd like. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users