Disclaimer

Photo
- - - - -

Wanted: CP for historical/low fantasy (medieval)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kailam

kailam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Publishing Experience:Unpublished.

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

(Mostly) complete at 80,000 words, Cry of a Hawk is an adult low fantasy with a slow-burn enemies-to-lovers romance element, written in first person and set amid the fictional world of the medieval Vazran Empire. Although it's an alternative world, the MS aims to read like historical fiction as dragons/magic/elves etc don’t feature. To a borrow a phrase, "history with a quarter turn to the fantastic." 

Summary:

When the murder of an Empress drags their bookish ex-diplomat father back into politics, Virginia An Roskilde, a naïve but stubborn young noble, and her older sister, Neri, are forced to flee after Neri attracts the obsessive attention of Emperor Ramos.

Isolated at home, the younger sister in Neri’s shadow, Gin has never felt like she belongs. But when Neri’s letters from the imperial Court cease, Gin is catapulted into a world of decadence and power games. Four years later, with their home burning behind them, Gin and her sister find themselves fleeing the whim of a mad Emperor into the night. Hunted from town to village, they run, desperate to escape the soldiers he sends after them.

As rebellion brews, Gin must risk everything to carve a place amid civil war, divided loyalties, and the reach of Vasco, the man commanded to run them to ground. Or face losing her sister to an Emperor who has torn everything from them.

Ideally, I’m looking for weekly or bi-weekly feedback. The majority of the book has been written, minus some linking passages that I’m stuck on. So, feedback on this area and structure would be particularly appreciated!

As a CP and beta reader, I’ve been part of a number of critique groups, and especially enjoy historical pre 1900, romance (preferably historical), fantasy, and some sci-fi. I tend to focus on world building, plot holes and character psychology, although will jump in here and there with line edits, if I think something might be useful. If you’re interested, and think we would match, please email me at kailamurray[at]kailamurray[dot]com with a bit about yourself.

Thanks!

#2 E.G. Tczarzenskawitz

E.G. Tczarzenskawitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

IF YOUR STILL LOOKING FOR A CP, I HAVE A YA SCI-FI MS. 

BELOW IS MY QUERY:

Even after the malicious murder of their leaders, Galina and her friends are not willing to admit defeat.

After the resistance crumbled, Galina and seven other members were the only ones that remained. They were determined to rebuild and continue the fight. Malkin, her childhood friend, had been elected to lead the group. They fought to free the Andyrians from the oppression of the sadistic government lead by the planet's dictator, Lord Artemus.

By the time this new resistance formed, the war had taken a devastating toll. With no one willing to join the losing side, Galina and her co-conspirators were on their own. However, no one knew that they had a secret weapon; a weapon to turn the tides, and finally give them a fighting chance in this war. Malkin was the first Andyrian to enter the orb, and only time would tell the true effects of the machine.

Galina and her fellow resistance members must quickly learn to control the new abilities bestowed onto them. Their window of opportunity is closing rapidly. The time for action is at hand. Waiting at the end of their decisive battle is either freedom or death.

The Transformation is a young adult science fiction novel of about 54,000 words, which can stand alone, but was written to be the first book in a planned series.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ME, YOU CAN REACH ME BY MY EMAIL: TCZARZENSKAWITZ@GMAIL.COM

#3 kailam

kailam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Publishing Experience:Unpublished.

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

I have several lovely CPs on board but am giving this a wee bump as I'm ideally looking for a couple more.

Am concentrating on revising the first half of the novel at the moment, so if the full 80k is too much, but you would consider the first 50k, feel free to still ping me a message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users