#1 Milady

Milady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a fellow YA writer to do a swap with. I've received feedback from two agents that my world-building needs some more clarity, so I'm doing a slight re-vamping of my world and hoping to get another pair of eyes(preferably a fantasy or sci-fi writer) to give me some feedback, and bounce ideas off of.

As for me, I'm open to all genres of YA, but I do best with fantasy and sci-fi. I'm good at picking up on plot holes, and tend to focus a lot on character development. I usually give plenty of constructive criticism on the big picture, along with line edits that point out any inconsistencies in the details.

Here's my query pasted below. Let me know if you're interested, and we can swap a few chapters and see if it's a fit!

The timestream is broken, and eighteen-year-old Bree Cross is pretty sure that's a mess even duct tape can't fix. She never thought she’d be the one to fix it, though—not until her best friend Kasey recruits her to the Chronological Maintenance Department.

It turns out Bree can spot time travelers—a gift the Department desperately needs in order to capture the techies: genetically-enhanced criminals they’ve chased all the way from the future. It’s the adventure Bree’s spent a lifetime dreaming of, and there’s no way she’s going to pass up her chance to save the world.

But all those dreams of heroism shatter once she actually lays eyes on the techies.

Visions plague her—memories of Bree herself growing up alongside the same criminals she’s supposed to hunt. The more she remembers, the more Bree doubts the Department's true motivations, and the role she’s so obediently played. And when Kasey’s captured and the Department refuses to help, Bree’s the only one who can free her best friend from the techies’ city outside of time.

But buried among the city’s gleaming towers is more than Bree bargained for—truths about her past, and what the Department’s truly doing.

Bree was hired to fix the world, but she might have broken it beyond repair.

ALL THOSE WHO WANDER is a sci-fi novel for young adults with series potential, complete at 87,000 words. If Claudia Gray's A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU met Amy Tintera's REBOOT, and a healthy dose of time travel was tossed in, this would be the result.

If you have time, any feedback would be much appreciated!  :wink: 

ALL THOSE WHO WANDER(YA sci-fi)

Query

Synopsis

First 250 words

#2 Ingrid Hansen

Ingrid Hansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:I've written many non fiction books for kids in the library/ed market, mostly K-8.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

Milady, I think my time YA time travel /fantasy might be a good fit for an exchange! I'll send a message.

-Ingrid

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users