Recent Graduate of Guppy Pond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Short story - on Woman's Memoirs website

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:23 PM

First I have to say - I screwed up and didn't follow the rules on submitted my sypnosis and I apologize to the powers that be. I was rushing and not reading the rules. If it get deleted it's probably a blessing. :blush:

anyways I KNOW that this has been addressed before but can't find the post...and I probably even started it :tongue:

Is a synopsis for a memior in 1st or 3rd person, past or present tense. I had seen both and heard arguments for both so there a correct way or not
It’s never too late to shoot for the stars regardless of who you are- Nickelback

#2 Stephanie Diaz

Stephanie Diaz

The Girl Who Waited

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:I'm the author of the Extraction series, a YA sci-fi trilogy published by St. Martin's Griffin. EXTRACTION, REBELLION, and EVOLUTION are available now. I also offer freelance editing services--check out my website!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

From what I've read, all synopses should be in 3rd person, present tense. I suppose I could be wrong, though :P

EXTRACTION_FINAL_COVER.jpg

Extraction | Rebellion | Evolution

St. Martin's Griffin

www.stephaniediazbooks.com

#3 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

Subsisting on Pots of Tea

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,300 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author writing under the pen name, Cali MacKay and write fun and steamy contemporary romances, in addition to erotica, paranormal romances and mysteries. I also write steampunk romances under the pen name Calista Taylor.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

Third person, present tense. :smile:

Cali MacKay

FREE

51HdjDwZKxL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51Ekbyv33TL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51HnUjguTHL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-511uTCIPFnL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51-y12BGRPL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51LB9MAkXgL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-612uyFf1xML._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61y0ZMZ-%2BaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arro51J-PsyEZoL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users