Disclaimer

Photo
- - - - -

Worldbuilding with Notebook.ai

Fiction Fantasy Historical Fiction Mystery Science Fiction Young Adult Adventure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drusepth

drusepth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to AQ but I figured I'd share a writing tool that I've been working on for quite a while now that's now to the point where I'm excited to share it with other writers. 

The tool is called Notebook.ai (and it's available at www.notebook.ai) and it's meant to help with all kinds of worldbuilding. You can think of it as a more structured version of the old notebooks of ideas you've had over the years, with sections for your world's characters, locations, notable items, and more. You can fill out information about each, add your own fields, link content together, or upload images -- and I'm still improving it, so if anyone has any ideas to make it better, I'd love to hear it! 

Just wanted to take a moment to share it with the fantasy authors here, as fantasy (and sci-fi) are what I use it for the most. I hope it's as useful for you as it is for me! (And of course, if you have any questions or feedback, it'd be very much appreciated!) :)

#2 Dave1

Dave1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:A few short stories.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

I like the concept, a little like a database for your story.  I can see epic novels would be a good fit for this tool.  Have you thought about integrating with and building a word plug-in?  It would nice to have the data right there in word.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiction, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Mystery, Science Fiction, Young Adult, Adventure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users