Disclaimer

Photo

Heelp- How do i get more Twitter Followers??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 taylor lexi

taylor lexi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:05 AM

I know that becoming a popular person on Twitter with many followers doesn't require you being a celebrity but i just can't seem to have more than 70 followers. I have to be doing something very wrong..haha. I know some of you have huge following on Twitter. Maybe you could give me some tips or two? I would very much appreciate it!

#2 BookNerd003

BookNerd003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I finished a book and writing another. I write a lot of poems, one everyday.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:42 AM

Tweet at popular hashtags, follow people that tweet about books you like or similar books you write. 

I would also question why you are on twitter. Unless you are going to spend a lot of money with ads or have a smart viral marketing plan you aren't going to sell books on twitter. I don't know of anyone that actually sells books to strangers or nonreaders on twitter. Twitter is more for people who have already read your book and like you. It allows them to follow you and interact with you. Selling books then is just announcing to them of new ones and updates. But you are not going to get readers for your first few books or new readers. 

#3 giffordmac

giffordmac

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

The best way to get quality follows on Twitter is to follow people who have the same interests as you. Many of them will follow you back.

But you have to make sure what you're offering is quality, too. If all you do is re-tweet others' content, then they could get that content by following those others. Assuming you're a writer, I recommend you play some hashtag games like #1lineWed or #Thurds, which you can use to post excerpts (lines) from your own work for people to see (be sure to follow the rules). You can also post more general content using #ontheporch, #amwriting or #amediting. Read these hashtags to see what other people post and you'll have a good idea what's expected from your post.

Also, make comments on other people's posts: I try to congratulate everyone I see who's reached a milestone, whether it's publication or finishing a first draft. Or if you see something you really like, tell the person! Twitter isn't about you or me -- it's about community.

Two "don't"s that I recommend: Don't make every post about yourself, and don't tweet or retweet only ads (whether they're a car manufacturer or your friends trying to sell books). I'm not saying don't retweet at all, but be original when you're first starting out and strive for high-quality content. The 100 level is the hardest to break; a bit of patience is required. Sharing quality content is the best way to get past it.

Best of luck!

“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel

~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users