Disclaimer

Photo
- - - - -

What is the best file format for an E-book?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 taylor lexi

taylor lexi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:21 AM

Hallo everyone! default_smile.png Given that i am rather unexperienced in the E-book topic. I was wondering, apart from PDF what are some other fantastic options that you yourselves have used and could maybe recommend? I have read quite a number of options but i would like to hear a few personal recommendations.

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

epub and mobi are the most common, I believe. You want at least to include what most e-readers can read.

#3 taylor lexi

taylor lexi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

epub and mobi are the most common, I believe. You want at least to include what most e-readers can read.

Thank you. The EPUB format seems to be highly ranked, especially if you are most likely to sell on platforms like Kindle and iBookstore. Given that i was highly interested to learn more about this topic, i ended up discovering that there are dozens of 3rd party softwares. I found some great information on this simple guide that i stumbled upon today. It might be worthwhile checking out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users