Disclaimer

Photo

Got a full page request, now freaking out!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 larkenfoam

larkenfoam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:03 AM

Help, I am being neurotic and obsessive!

An amazing agent recently responded to my query, requesting the full manuscript, and after a short delay (which she said she didn't mind), I sent it to her. Her previous replies were all super prompt, but since I sent the doc to her, I haven't received any confirmation of her having received it. From my contacts with other agents/publishers, it seems standard to say, "Thanks, received!" or the like. Possibly, I thought, she is just going to wait until she reads it to respond, but since I assume she is busy as hell, that could probably be a while, and I don't think I want to wait months not knowing if she got it or if she missed the e-mail. Do you think it's reasonable if, after two weeks with no response, I send a short message politely asking for confirmation of receipt? Or would this be viewed as impatient and nagging? Of course I don't mind waiting for her to read the manuscript; it's the not knowing if she's seen it that's hard!

Any advice is much appreciated!

#2 SnowFox23

SnowFox23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:21 AM

Hello, congrats on the full request.

When I have sent off full manuscripts to an agent who requested them, I didn't get an acknowledgement 2 out of the 3 times. Maybe just check your email's Sent box, and make certain you sent it to the right email address.

Otherwise, if it's stressing you out, you might consider nudging her in 2 weeks (but make certain you tell her that it's also just to confirm she got your full. Keep it short and sweet.)

Otherwise, don't stress, just check your email Sent box, and try to relax.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users