#1 Litgal

Litgal

Veteran Queen Bee -- Moderator "Here Be Historicals"

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,484 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:My debut novel, "The Sister Queens," (March 2012/NAL), was set in 13th century France and England and wove the captivating story of sisters, Marguerite and Eleanor of Provence, who both became queens. My next solo novel, "Medicis Daughter," (Dec 1 2015/Thomas Dunne) traveled forward three-hundred years to the intrigue-riven French Valois court, spinning the tale of beautiful princess Marguerite who walks the knife edge between the demands of her serpentine mother, Catherine de Medicis, and those of her own conscience.

In between I became a "hybrid" as part of a group of six authors involved in a high concept novel-in-six-parts called "A Day of Fire" which released in November of 2014. The book, "A Day of Fire," tells the story of the final days of the doomed city of Pompeii in a way you've never read it before.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

Saw this today and felt certain it would be of interest to those in the query trenches. Not just one agent's opinion--hard data. Some areas of consensus and some areas not so much. But worth looking at.

Takeaways (besides the long odds which everyone here knows about)--stop putting in credentials unless yours are insane, and be careful of comps. 

http://blog.nathanbr...nalization.html

Lit. (aka Sophie Perinot)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users