1 reply to this topic

#1 a_mess

a_mess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:No publishing experience yet.

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

Hi! 

I'm new to this website and in desperate need of a critiquing partner. I've gotten several full requests on my manuscript, but I feel like something about the story isn't clicking. It's YA Contemporary with LGBT and romantic elements. 

Here's a quick blurb: 

Imagine striking a wooden match; one quick motion before the fragile stick ignites into beautiful flame. This is the way that seventeen-year old Audrey would describe how her relationship with Celeste begins. Within a short time period, their friendship kindles an intimate bond with a flickering heat. When Celeste‚Äôs bipolar disorder becomes a threat to herself, Audrey must accept the possibility that their love was never as invincible as she once imagined. And when her disorder is all she has left, Celeste must learn what it really means to live. 

I'll take all the help I can get, and would like to critique someone else's work. Thanks!

#2 reynalocke

reynalocke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS South

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:13 PM

Hello, I'm new as well and in need of a critiquing partner. I'd love to work with you, your manuscript sounds fantastic. I am also writing a Young Adult piece but I am not as far as you, I believe, but critique would still be nice.

My email is reynalocke@gmail.com. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users