#1 SAVE

SAVE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:21 AM

Pretty much the title, I finished a novel about a year or so ago and have been on and off of motivation to write or really do anything. On top of that, I haven't really been able to find anyone to actually read it and let me know what they think, so I'm planning on publishing my novel for free online somewhere. Whether it's in stars or comments, I think it'd be nice to see what people think about it while I mull over my second novel attempt.

Only problem is...I don't know a good place to publish it.
Can anyone help me out, by chance? :)

#2 rvehall

rvehall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published through CreateSpace.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

There's Wattpad and Inkitt. (I like Wattpad better, though.)

#3 KL Sanchez

KL Sanchez

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Vanity publishing only (no sales).

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:21 PM

I would still try and find a way to get it published; short stories are one thing, but a novel represents so much time and effort that you're just undercutting yourself offering it up for free.

Unless it's fanfiction, and then that's a different story altogether. :smile:

~ It may look like I know what I'm doing, but by no means do I know what the hell I'm talking about. ~

~ The only Operations Director Furry Fiesta has ever known (since 2014) ~

~ ACFI Ops, Theme & Narrative Development, and Performance lead since 2017 ~

WIP Stories:

Michelle (WIP - Chapter 10 as of June 2017)

#4 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:14 AM

One thought is to use it for building up your mailing list. You can give it away to folks who sign up for emails from your blog or site. Building your list can be one of the most important things you do for your writing career, as it is vital to building your audience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users