#1 DannieEscritora

DannieEscritora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

A sheltered straight A student, excelling in every area of life, risks everything for a suicidal loner.

#2 Linda S

Linda S

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:A SPLINTER IN TIME – Historical Romance, published by Wild Rose Press. Winner - OWFI 2017 Best Book of Fiction Award.

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

When a sheltered straight A student, excelling in every area of life, risks everything for a suicidal loner.... (What are the consequences?) she/ he finds herself facing .... what?

#3 Soreen Laythyn

Soreen Laythyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm not a published author

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

A suicidal loner who may be involved in a crime he committed in self defense that he can't prove? I'm not saying that this is the consequence or anything, but maybe this is how you word whatever consequence is involved? Maybe she's facing the fact that she may have to run or stay and make him leave town?

#4 Niambi

Niambi

Malaika: Fallen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalism

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

I agree with the above, and I will also add removing the part about being straight "A" or any kind of success unless it's essential to the hook and plot.

For example, if the MC was a "C" student would he/she NOT be able to undertake this journey?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiction, Literary Fiction, Multi-Cultural, Offbeat/Quirky, Young Adult

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users