#1 AndrewF

AndrewF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:33 AM

Hello, i've finished a fantasy novel, Age of Exploration, it's my first book. I've been talking to an editor but they are expensive. I'm seeing how much work I can do first before I get a professional to read it over. 

I've had a few beta readers and they really like my story but say I could use a little more character development and crisper writing. I don't disagree with them and i'm working on that!

I've made a few edits and updated some info. I would like for someone on this site to read my first chapter and give me all the news, good and bad. That's the only way I'm going to improve. I'd be willing to do the same back, let me know if you're interested. Thanks! 

#2 Blueberry Tide

Blueberry Tide

Burnt Coffee Bean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-Published

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

I pushed off getting a professional edit, too. From my experience, hire the professional editor. There are several freelancers out there that don't cost as much as the editors that work with companies. I'm trying to break into the freelance editing; if you'd like more information check out my site - https://nightowlediting.wordpress.com/

Beta readers are nice, but sometimes they're reading as readers, not necessarily as editors. But, I do the same thing that yo're doing. I revise and revise until I don't think I can revise anymore, and then when I think the draft is as close to final as I can get it, I go for the editor. 

#3 BCVail

BCVail

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

Pm'ed you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users